Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stepping up

OK, so I did it.

I signed up for a half-marathon clinic at the Running Room, which means starting Jan. 25, I will be training to run 21.5 kilometres.

I waver between feeling pumped and being scared out of my wits. But my fundraising is slowing and I can't help but think my running monthly five click races isn't exactly inspiring donations.

My next race is the St. Catharines Road Runners Valentine's Run in Port Dalhousie. It's a five-kilometre race and will be my last. It will have to be a minimum of eight clicks for me or bust when it comes to future runs. And now, with my half-marathon training, that means that my final race in the Running for the Cats series will be a half-marathon.

A friend at work is working on me to join him for one in May in Buffalo. We'll see. But for now, I have my sights set on the Twenty Valley Wine Country Run half-marathon. More than twenty clicks through some of the most beautiful countryside.

As for my March, April and May runs, they're still undecided. There has been talk of the Lincoln County Humane Society organizing a K-9k in the spring. When and if that happens, I'll definitely be running in it.

In the meantime, wish me luck. I'll need it so I don't lose my nerve. And please, keep donating. That helps keep me going, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment