Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hip to be square

So my last race has left me in quite the state.

I'm nursing a groin pull and hip bursitis. I've been limping for two weeks, feeling like a 34 year old trapped in 100-year-old's body.

Fun times.

In all seriousness, this has thrown off my half-marathon training and my clinic through the Running Room may have to be deferred. I'm still going to try the Buffalo half in May but my bigger concern is my run next weekend. I signed up for the eight-kilometre Shamrock Run in Buffalo and I'm not yet 100 per cent.

I had a dream last night that I was able to run it and I'm trying to focus on doing just that. But that may not happen. Since I can find no other races greater than five kilometres (and that is a distance I can actually run) happening this month, I may end up running two races in April to make up for it.

Keep your fingers crossed that next Saturday I'll be running like the wind, or at least a nice gentle breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment